Monday, August 9, 2010

Deceit

Tears drop down from your eyes to see me
waste away under your bosom; tears of lies.
Before me you say, lies a green pasture,
therefore I should depart from you.

You say your beauty has faded away,
you array yourself with tattered rags,
you for days refuse to have a bath;
therefore you stink!

You have not brushed your mouth,
nor have you tidied you up.
All these by deceit you have done so that
I could fly away from you like a bird seeking a roost.

On top of these,
you shed much tears!
Since you shed these much tears;
should I, a dove, pick up the wings of an eagle
and fly away into the heavens away from you?

Never did I know what your tears meant until now:
you shed tears when;
after I have gone into the nations to do
a legitimate business, I’m turned down;
because I’m from you,
yet I still refuse to depart from you.

And why do you shed tears; for the shame I suffered?
Far from it!
You shed tears because when I return,
your chances of prostituting are under threat;
so you want me to seek greener pastures.

But you o prostituting beautiful Lady Nigeria
are just green a pasture enough!
With my generation we shall cut off
your arms, legs, eyes and all weapons
of your prostitution.

Therefore you shall become New and Pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment