Sunday, August 22, 2010

Paradox of Glory

Awkwardly I stood lolled in the valley of hopelessness,
I gazed to the top of the mountain,
whose peak is in the heavens;
my heart fainted within me,
distastes filled my tongue,
my belly knotted and all hopes vaporized.
Desires became like cold water flowing from a tarn,
my heart melted within me, my spirit shrank, then hope died.

I had no strength left, not a calorie,
yet a great destruction stirred and danced before my face;
It was the destruction of desires.
How could desire to climb into heaven
upon this mountain still remain in me?
Why torture me?
Of what use are flurries of desires
When strength is failed and hope gone?

My strength had failed.
My name I said had been terminated
from the list of those in the race;
I just lie there in drunkenness,
drunk from the long sipping of a concoction
of a powerful liquor and a painful gin.

I suffered! I was miserable!
Folly and madness lined me up,
I crashed!
Knocked off and knocked out!
Something happened…!
Gather together the books and pens in this world
that I may write and explain what it was that happened
and what theme flows in my mind.

What happened, I know not.
A mighty wind blew,
it buried me under the rubbles,
then another mighty wind blew,
it exhumed me from the rubbles,
and then another mighty wind blew,
bigger than a whirlwind,
it took me to the top of the mountain.

And then a fourth wind blew,
I sit in heaven by Christ Jesus as I speak to you,
far above principalities and powers,
a crown-prince!
I have dominion over all as given by God,
what can anyone do to me?
God in heaven, me by His side,
Blow the trumpet and let it be known.

No comments:

Post a Comment