Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Empire

Deep to deep and below the deep,
I can’t but lay up deep to deep;
Even below the deep, out of the crust.
From down below, to up above
In the galaxies of heavens;
An offshoot of my representation—
A citadel of riches;
The art of amassment is already perfected.

Violence! Violence!
I elevate my cries against violence and injustice.
Completely this is unfair;
I built twin towers down below in the oceans,
For years I labored to crest my name on the zodiac,
The stratum of the earth crust is laid with my treasures.

Twenty two hours minus one;
I heaped up money in my vault like water in a reservoir,
Never getting to even get a nice meal
But now?
A name I never knew reigns,
A face I never saw glitz.
Violence! Violence!
Brink of injustice!

Layback, layback…
Why do I have to die now?
Who takes over my empire?
Who watches over my majestic business lines?
I’ve just hit the record of being
The richest man in the world!
Violence! Violence!
This is vanity of vanities.

Should not my wealth earn me
the respite of living eternally?
Should not death bow down
before me and show some respect?
And should not my possessions
outweigh the price of death?
Oh no…
Have I chased shadows?
Have all these been vanity of vanities?

No comments:

Post a Comment